Setting up Google Tag Manager may feel tedious, but, it’ll give you a quick and easy way to add code to your website without requiring a costly developer.In the training below you’ll discover, step by step, how to add Google Tag Manager to your WordPress website.
Tag managers are widely used by many websites. There are plenty of enterprise-level tag managers available, but many prefer the solution from Google. It’s free, simple to set up and easy to use.
If you don’t already have one, go ahead and set up a Google Tag Manager account.
- How to add Google Tag Manager to your WordPress website.
- There are two ways to install Google Tag Manager on your WordPress website. Option one is to edit the website code or option two is to use a plugin.
- Using a plugin makes setting up Google Tag Manager on your website as simple as clicking activate. A plugin can also be turned off in the future.
- Adding a plugin to your website is as simple as navigating to the plugins tab and searching for a plugin. Search for Google Tag Manager.
- We are going to use DuracellTomi’s Google Tag Manager for WordPress.
- We chose this plugin because it has plenty of positive reviews, a high number of active users and recent updates. To install the plugin just click activate.
- Once the plugin is installed go to the settings for the plugin.
- In the settings screen, all you need to do is enter your Google Tag Manager ID in the blank field.
- You can find the tag manager ID in your Google Tag Manager account.
- Copy and paste the tag manager ID into the relevant field on the tag manager plugin. Remember to click save changes,
- Once done go to your website and refresh the page. Now in Google Analytics, you should be able to see at least one active user on your website.
Last Updated on