B2B conversion rate optimisation (CRO) improves the rate at which your website and landing page visitors convert. In the case of business-to-business websites, a conversion is likely to be when a visitor becomes a lead.
B2B websites receive less traffic than B2C websites, but each B2B website visitor has much higher revenue potential. On a B2C website, someone who has a bad experience isn’t going to have a significant impact on revenue. Thousands of visitors come and go. In contrast on a B2B website, a single visitor could be worth millions in lost business. Successful B2B websites need to convert visitors into prospects at a much higher rate, because there are fewer business-to-business buyers, making conversion rate optimisation crucial.
Conversion rate optimisation increases ROI
Conversion rate optimisation fixes one of the main reasons for poor digital ROI. The most common failure in B2B digital marketing is sending expensive traffic to poor quality websites and landing pages that don’t convert. Quality, when it comes to B2B conversion rate optimisation, isn’t having a snazzy website. It’s whether your visitors are taking actions that are valuable to your business. B2B conversion rate optimisation helps visitors to take the actions that generate business value.
- Conversion rate optimisation increases the chances that your visitors will convert. If visitors are coming to your website and then leaving, never to return, that’s of no value to you. CRO helps businesses make the most of marketing investment by measuring and then optimising digital touchpoints for conversion.
- Improve marketing results without spending more. Successful B2B digital marketing with a high ROI can’t be achieved by just raising your marketing spend; you need to ensure that visitors are converting and become leads for follow up. It’s much more cost effective to ensure your landing pages and websites are optimised for conversions than it is to keep increasing your ad budget.
Getting started with CRO
Instead of investing in a new marketing tool for CRO, check this isn’t already offered by the software your use. Many landing page builders already have testing functionality built-in. The marketing leading landing page creator Instapage has a very powerful feature for testing page variations. If you want to test different parts of your marketing funnel then ClickFunnels includes this functionality.
Five tips to generate more website leads for your B2B business
- Use split testing to try out different offers or different messaging around the same proposition. It’s difficult to know what will resonate with your audience until you test different options.
- Add elements that increase the credibility of your business. In a B2B transaction, trust is everything. How can you show your visitor you can be trusted with their investment? Case studies are a great example.
- How many pages do you have on your website where there is no clear call to action or, so many that the visitor would rather leave than figure it out? Aim for a single and clear main call to action.
- Do the ads your visitors are clicking relate to the page they are sent to? Optimise your website and landing pages for relevance, so your visitors aren’t confused.
- Don’t try and capture every last detail about your visitor on their first visit. Would you give up all your data to someone you just met? Increase website lead generation by asking for little bits of information over time (progressive profiling).
These tips will help you think about how you could generate more leads from your website with conversion rate optimisation. This is just the tip of the iceberg, and there are hundreds of things you could try.
Last Updated on