Business buyers, influencers and decision-makers consume online content to ensure they are aware of what’s going on in their industries and beyond. B2B buyers research their purchases intensively before making any purchasing decisions. This means SEO plays a significant role in the B2B buying process.
Content marketing has long been popular because the B2B buyer journey is so heavily research-based. Research begins with search and being found early before your competitors means that you have a better opportunity to build relationships. B2B buyers use search engines to research vendors and their products before buying. This means that the value of being found can’t be understated.
Recent research on the importance of SEO in B2B markets has found that:
- 45% of B2B audiences consume content about technology and 24% about small businesses.
- 33% of B2B audiences read business-focused content, and 25% read reviews.
- B2B audiences are most likely to discover new content through search engines and social media
- The most popular reason for consuming business content is to stay informed about business and industry trends.
- 88% of B2B audiences consume business content at least once a week
(Research by Clutch)
SEO is critical for B2B success and reaching decision makers
Search engines 87% and social media 85% are the two primary routes for content discovery. Achieving visibility in search engines will give your business significant reach. Social media is a very close second. As any B2B SEO consultant will tell you, social signals play an essential role in SEO. This means SEO and Social must work together with a cohesive approach.
Company websites play a massive role in content discovery
The closer the buyer is to a decision the more likely they are to visit a vendor website and consume content as part of their research. In fact, 75% of B2B audiences will encounter more of your content on your website. This highlights two areas
- B2B buyers must be able to find your website easily via search
- Your website user experience needs to facilitate content discovery.
Last Updated on