B2B Social media marketing gives your business the opportunity to connect with decision makers and influencers. Use it for awareness or as the next step in your ABM strategy.
Social media marketing is a fantastic channel for increasing awareness, connecting with prospects and supporting their journey towards a purchasing decision. From account based marketing powered by social listening to using social to amplify your event presence, this is where we guide your through the world of B2B social media marketing.
How could B2B social media marketing help your business?
Social media marketing is a phenomenal sales and marketing channel. If you are failing to see ROI from social, then you may need to rethink your approach because thousands of B2B businesses are using social media to reach new audiences. You'll need the right mix of organic and paid social media marketing activity combined with a willingness to get involved in genuine conversations.
Your next customer is just one click away; we'll help you use social media to reach, convince and convert them.
How could you use social media marketing to REACH your next customer? Here are a few examples!
- Create content that they will value and share with their peers.
- Amplify your content on the right social channels and use targeted tactics to access new audiences.
- Use paid social to target competitor customers with your messages.
How could you use B2B social media marketing to CONVINCE your next customer? Here are a few examples!
- Create different types of content to support different parts of the buying journey.
- Use social to surface content and messages that instil trust.
- Answer questions and position your business as a thought leader.
How could you use B2B social media marketing to CONVERT your next customer? Here are a few examples!
- Use social listening to find ideal opportunities for engagement.
- Build a social profile of your customer and use this insight to have valuable conversations.
Where does social media marketing fit in the B2B digital marketing funnel?
Social media marketing allows you to reach new audiences and can help you fill the top of your marketing funnel with new contacts. Once in your funnel, use social media marketing to nurture prospects towards a buying decision. How? Use tactics like social selling to position your business as a thought leader. Social media can even help you close the sale. Before you go to your sales meeting review the social footprint of your prospect, and use this insight to build a rapport with decision makers. Need help? Our B2B social media management and marketing solutions are there for you.
Does B2B social media marketing deliver ROI?
Many question the value of social media in B2B marketing, as with any marketing tactic success depends on strategy and execution. B2B buyers are information seekers who are influenced by the views of others; this makes social a very important marketing channel for B2B marketing. Social media gives prospects an opportunity to interact with existing customers, see how you solve customer issues and follow your thought leadership. The transparency of social media means that social media marketing aligns well with the goal of the B2B marketer, which is to influence the purchasing journey.
Why is B2B social media a valuable marketing funnel tactic?
Social media for B2B marketing is more critical for B2Bs than it is for B2Cs. Why? B2B marketers have a more significant requirement to build relationships with buyers in marketing funnel, and social media marketing is geared toward building relationships.
B2B purchases can cost thousands if not millions. B2B buyers are investing this money on behalf of their businesses, and their reputation is on the line. “Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM” is a catchphrase that sums this up perfectly. Buyers need to invest in brands they can trust. B2B social media marketing isn’t about generating followers; it’s about building that trust.
B2B social media marketing can distribute content, share thought leadership and engage in conversations. Through all these tactics the organisation can show authority and transparency.
Social media marketing can help build a brand, and it can boost sales. Social selling is a tactic being adopted by sales and is focused on building individual 1:1 relationships between sellers and buyers.
B2B social media marketing isn’t just about generating sales. It can also support existing customers. Introducing support forums allows users to help each other, provide visible answers to common problems and is much more cost-effective than traditional support channels. Social media has made how organisation support their existing customers a spectator sport.
Five things you need to know about B2B social media marketing
- Social media marketing can have a more significant impact in B2B industries than B2C. It’s word of mouth marketing, event marketing and trust building, all in one.
- B2B organisations need to build relationships, trust and authority, all of which are prime for social media marketing.
- B2B social media marketing can be used to amplify your brand and distribute content. It puts your content in front of your audience.
- Social selling is a tactic an individual salesperson can deploy to build one to one relationships with their prospects.
- Paid social media marketing can extend your reach to the audience of your competitors.
Social media marketing is a poorly utilised channel for B2B marketers. Many businesses just talk about themselves, push their own content and don’t engage in conversations. FullerFunnels can help you ignite B2B social media marketing.
What are some of the differences between social media marketing for B2B and B2C markets?
Content is different – B2B marketers need to focus on building authority and trust, often using informative content their audiences will value. It’s unlikely B2B marketing content will go viral. B2C content is more casual and often humour driven.
Channel priority is different – Social media in B2B marketing is focused on LinkedIn. For reaching a business audience, or sales prospecting, LinkedIn can’t be beaten. In the B2C world, Facebook wins every time. However, as B2B marketers we need to remember that behind every B2B buyer is a consumer.
Measuring success – In any B2B marketing initiative, the aims are to build awareness, generate demand and deliver leads. One reason social media marketing is overlooked in B2B is the difficulty in seeing the measurable impact a LinkedIn post or Tweet has on lead generation. More followers and growing your audience works in B2C, in B2B it’s pipeline that wins the day.
You need the right B2B Social media marketing tools
It’s no secret that having the right toolkit can give you the edge in social media marketing. It’s impossible to do any form of digital marketing without the right digital marketing tools, some tools are free others you need to pay for, but one thing is true, having the wrong tools will cost you in the long run.
At FullerFunnels B2B marketing we’re transparent about the tools that we use, and we’re happy to help you start using them in your organisation if you want to do social media marketing for yourself. Here are just some of the tools that we use, but if you have a specific need in mind then drop us a note. We believe B2B social media marketing tools can give you a distinct advantage and we’re happy to provide you with free advice on which tools are right for your organisation.
Want a done-for-you social media marketing service?
Social media marketing is time-consuming but can reap huge rewards. In the B2B space, social is replacing peer recommendations and your prospects will expect you to have a social presence. Need help?FullerFunnels is the ideal balance between recruiting in-house and using an agency. Our mission is to deliver strategic insight and operational excellence. We do that by working closely with you, not as a distant agency. We also keep our overheads low, allowing us to be more competitive than any other B2B agency. Read more about our B2B social media management and marketing solution.
The FullerFunnels B2B Social Media Marketing Service
Other agencies may try to complicate social media but our approach is simple and transparent.
- FIRST… We use social media to build awareness of your product in chosen markets.
- SECOND… We build in conversion points where followers become leads.
- FINALLY… We create marketing funnels that engage the contact outside social media. Contacts become marketing qualified leads ready for sales.
The advantages of working with FullerFunnels for B2B Social Media Marketing
You might be wondering why you should work with FullerFunnels? Here are just a few reasons why.
- NO BARRIERS You’ll work directly with one named digital marketing manager. We don’t use account managers and don’t have a sales team. There are no barriers between you and your dedicated social media marketer.
- MEASURABLE – We’re focused on quantifiable results. We start with understanding what success looks like for you and work back from there. Our work is based on delivering meaningful business outcomes from social media.
- BESPOKE – We’ll have weekly calls with you and create a weekly social media plan of action. You can have as much control as you want, from per post-approval through to a hands-off approach.
- ONLY B2B – We do B2B and only B2B. Business to business marketing is in our blood, and we only have experienced B2B marketers in the team.
- FIXED COST – Our services are provided at a fixed cost, excluding any media fees.
Where next with B2B Social Media Marketing?
Trending social media marketing tips and guides by FullerFunnels
Social media marketing tools for B2B small businesses
Social media marketing can be time consuming. Creating content, posting content, engaging with the community, answering questions, and more.
To ensure you're getting the results you need from social media and to improve your social media marketing productivity, you need to invest in the tools that will make your job easier. Here are some of the tools we recommend, and use.
An all in one social media marketing platform. ContentStudio is designed to help you automate the process of finding, curating and posting content. It works across all social channels and even your website.
Read the ContentStudio review
If you want to capture leads from social media marketing then ClickFunnels is a great solution. It gives you the ability to take your prospects on a journey towards purchase and costs only $99. It includes landing pages & more.
Read the Clickfunnels review
Want B2B social media marketing done for you?
Social media marketing is time consuming. It's about establishing and cultivating relationships, and that takes effort.
What if you had a managed social media marketing solution designed to meet your unique business needs?
Why allow FullerFunnels to manage your B2B social media marketing?
- A complete done for you solution.
- A focus on conversions and lead generation.
- Delivered by B2B marketers.
Last Updated on