This article is part of our digital marketing tips, tactics & strategies series where we share easy to action tips, tactics and strategies to increase lead generation or sales from your digital channels. Each day we share one tip and make it as actionable as possible. Today we’re helping you increase ROI from your digital marketing campaigns by using landing pages. For those using landing pages, their value is clear, but many businesses (44% according to MarketingSherpa) continue to point traffic to un-optimised pages.
Don’t send traffic from campaigns to your homepage, use landing pages
Every campaign should have its own landing page. Never send traffic directly to your homepage expecting visitors to find their own way around.
When running an online ad point traffic to a specific landing page that aligns with your ad. If driving traffic through email and you already have the contact in your CRM, use landing pages to ask different questions or none at all. Landing pages give marketers the opportunity to offer visitors a more personalised and focused experience post-click.
5 reasons you need to use landing pages
- Landing pages give you a close relationship between ads and content, ensuring your message is consistent.
- On a landing page, It’s much easier for prospects to take action because what they need to do is clear.
- Landing pages give you the capability to test, learn and improve without changing the main website.
- Landing pages outside your main site structure provide for greater design flexibility than you would have on your main website.
- Even if you struggle with analytics you’ll know how many conversions you generate from specific landing pages.
Create your first landing page in 10 minutes or less
According to Marketo, the top reason why people don’t create landing pages is that they don’t have the time or resources. There are plenty of easy to use landing page builders available with stunning templates to get you started, so there are no excuses. My personal preference is Instapage.
With Instapage you can build a landing page in under 10 minutes
- Register for a trial account (with just an email address)
- Pick a template from the pre-built library
- Click on the template and change the text to match your offer
- Hit publish
There’s nothing to install or setup. You can start from a blank canvas and get a lot more advanced (Instapage is used by agencies), but it’s stunning how easy it is to get started.
Here are a few templates you could use today
Capture registrations for events & webinars
Use landing pages for gated assets and lead generation
Promote free trials and app downloads
- Instapage not the right landing page builder for you? Use our guide to the best landing page builder of 2019!
- Want to get the worry of building landing pages off your plate? See our done for you solution for building landing pages.
The easier you make it for your visitors to convert, the more likely they will. Landing pages allow you to personalise your message and give your visitors a clear next step.