If you’re considering either ClickFunnels or Leadpages, then you have no doubt asked how do the two compare? In this article ClickFunnels vs Leadpages we’ll explore which of these two industry mammoths you should select for your business. Now, whether you sell products or services, you need to collect leads online. It’s rare that anyone buys anything the first time, so you need a way of capturing enough information to follow up with the prospect. This is where you would use a tool like Click Funnels or Leadpages. Both of these can help you capture leads, but only one can help you follow up and nurture them. Which is it? Learn more in this ClickFunnels vs Leadpages comparison.
We know you don’t have much time and need to get on with running your business, so here is the quick answer.
- When to choose Leadpages: If you have your own email marketing system in place already and all you’re looking for is landing page builder, then Leadpages is a good option, but not the best option. The best option for just building landing pages is Instapage
- When to choose ClickFunnels: If you’re looking for an online marketing and sales funnel builder. A series of pages that take your visitors on a nurture journey then select ClickFunnels. ClickFunnels is marketing automation for small businesses.
ClickFunnels or Leadpages shootout
Here is a short comparison based on the features that matter for the real world small business.
= Similarities between ClickFunnels vs Leadpages
- Using both ClickFunnels and it’s possible to build single lead capture/landing pages.
- Both ClickFunnels and Leadpages use a drag and drop builder.
- Both tools allow you to add modules to pages such as images, videos, and forms.
- ClickFunnels and Leadpages both have ready to use templates.
- Both tools integrate with third-party email software.
- Both tools integrate with third-party CRM systems.
≠ Differences between Click Funnels vs Leadpages
- Within Click Funnels you can build a series of connected pages (marketing funnels) and re-order the pages. In Leadpages you can build individual pages with no relationship between them.
- In Click Funnels an email marketing/marketing automation tool is available out of the box. In LeadPages you are restricted to third-party integrations.
- Click Funnels and Leadpages can both be used to capture lead data, but on ClickFunnels comes with an integrated CRM.
- Click Funnels can be used to build and manage membership websites. Leadpages has no similar functionality.
- Click Funnels has a pre-build funnel library. Leadpages doesn’t have any funnels.
What is a sales and marketing funnel and what is a landing page?
Before we move on to our detailed comparison of Leadpages versus ClickFunnels. It’s worth highlighting the differences between a sales & marketing funnel and a landing page. We’ve already noted that ClickFunnels is a sales funnel tool and Leadpages a landing page tool.
- A landing page is a single page that sits in isolation. Landing pages have one clear goal. Landing pages are also referred to as lead capture or squeeze pages.
- Marketing and sales funnels are comprised of multiple landing pages each with their own goal. The pages are connected either directly or through a follow-up marketing sequence. Sales funnels are designed to nurture prospect towards the goal. By building a funnel, the sales and marketing process is automated. Marketing automation and lead nurture are similar concepts to sales and marketing funnels.
From these definitions, we can see that landing pages are used within sales and marketing funnels but a landing page alone is not by itself a funnel. The problem is that most people don’t buy anything the first time they see an offer. So you need to follow-up via email or other channel and nurture the prospect. In other words, you must create a funnel.
Is Leadpages a ClickFunnels alternative?
Although many consider Leadpages an alternative to ClickFunnels, these products don’t have like-for-like functionality. Indeed, ClikFunnels vs Leadpages isn’t an apples-to-apples comparison. The functionality of Leadpages fits within what ClickFunnels offers. ClickFunnels is the larger tool, a swiss army knife for sales and marketing funnels. Leadpages is a smaller tool more focused on one thing, building lead capture/landing pages.
Leadpages is a landing page builder while ClickFunnels is sales and marketing funnel software. Even if you have your own email marketing system already in place, ClickFunnels has additional functionality such as funnels and memberships sites.
You can achieve a lot of what ClickFunnels offers cheaper if you’re willing to build your own online sales and marketing funnel software stack. This means you will need a landing page builder (like Leadpages), an email marketing tool, reporting software, and a shopping cart. However, the power of ClickFunnels is that it offers all this and more in a single highly integrated and easy to use tool.
More about the tools
More about Leadpages
Leadpages is a landing page builder. This means you can drag-and-drop elements onto a canvas, which will be your landing page. Drag and drop is the key here. You could build a landing page directly in WordPress but you need additional plug-ins or to code it yourself. The difference being that with a landing page builder like Leadpages we don’t need to worry about the technology as with any SaaS landing page builder you can focus on the page itself.
If you choose Leadpages as the landing page builder for your sales funnel software stack, then you need to know that it doesn’t come with an email marketing feature. Leadpages focuses on the landing page element, and it integrates with third-party email marketing tools such as ConvertKit. In comparison, ClickFunnels has its own built-in email marketing solution besides being able to integrate with third-party tools.
More about ClickFunnels
ClickFunnels is built from the ground up with the intention of helping users build sales and marketing funnels. If you have used marketing automation tools such as Eloqua or Marketo in the past, ClickFunnels is very similar. While Eloqua costs tens of thousands and is a huge and unwieldy tool, ClickFunnels is far more easy to use and cheaper.
With ClickFunnels you get a landing page builder, email marketing tool, membership site, affiliate management system and more all in one tool. As a small business, you may argue you’ll never use a membership site. You could use it for onboarding customers, offering support or a single resource portal for all your thought leadership content. You could even set up a membership site to support your account based marketing and sales initiatives.
ClickFunnels vs Leadpages comparisons
Landing page builder features comparison
Leadpages specialises in landing pages and lead capture pages. So how does it compare to ClickFunnels which does landing pages and allows you to build out sales and marketing funnels?
|Content hosted on the cloud||Yes||Yes|
|Drag and drop landing page builder||Yes||Yes|
|Ability to sell products and services with a checkout||Yes||Only in Pro|
|Mobile responsive design||Yes||Yes|
|Landing page template library||Yes||Yes|
|AB testing||Yes||Only in Pro|
|Upsells & Downsells||Yes||No|
|Sing page analytics||Yes||Yes|
|International currencies||Yes||Only in Pro|
|Build in email marketing tool||Yes||No|
|Third party email integrations||Yes||Yes|
|Drag and drop funnel management||Yes||No|
ClickFunnels vs Leadpages: Email marketing Features Comparison
Leadpages doesn’t include any email marketing features. Here are some of the email features included in ClickFunnels.
|Contact List Segmentation||Yes||No|
|Unique social contact profiles||Yes||No|
|ActionScore Lead Scoring (RFMS)||Yes||No|
|Email Autoresponder Sequences||Yes||No|
|Text Messaging & steps||Yes||No|
|Marketing Automation Sequences||Yes||No|
|Action Based Email Sequencing||Yes||No|
|Collect and Manage Subscribers||Yes||No|
|Email Performance Tracking||Yes||No|
|Advanced Drag & Drop Email Editor||Yes||No|
|Mobile Responsive Emails||Yes||No|
ClickFunnels vs Leadpages: Pricing comparison
One of the most important considerations when buying any software is the price. Although this should never be your only consideration. Let’s begin by looking at the pricing of Leadpages.
How much is Leadpages monthly pricing?
£29 per month
- Unlimited Landing Pages
- Unlimited Traffic & Leads
- 160+ Free Templates
£61 per month
- Everything in standard and:
- Popup forms
- A/B testing
£152 per month
Everything in standard and pro, and:
- Phone support
- Integration with Hubspot, Marketo and Salesforce.
How does ClickFunnels compare to the cheapest Leapages offer?
With the cheapest Leadpages plan you will only be able to build basic landing pages with no functionality such as testing or popup forms.
How does ClickFunnels compare to Leapages Pro?
ClickFunnels is much more comparable with Leadpages Pro, although in Leadpages pro you still don’t get a built-in membership system.
How much is ClickFunnels monthly pricing?
£74 per month
- Unlimited Contacts
- Custom Domains
- A/B Split Tests
- Email Integrations
- Optin Funnels
- All Advanced Funnels
- Sales Funnels
- Membership Funnels
- Auto Webinar Funnels
- Webinar Funnels
- Hangout Funnels
- Order Pages
- Upsell Pages
- Downsale Pages
- Share Your Funnels
ClickFunnels Etison Suite
- £226 per month
- Visual Email Builder
- Email Lists
- Broadcast Emails
- Email analytics
- Action Funnels
- Emails Based On Location
- Emails Based On Social Media
- Advanced List Segmentation
- Lead Scoring / Action Scores
- Social Contact Profiles
- The full suite of affiliate management tools.
When you buy ClickFunnels you are getting more than a landing page builder, and all additional functionality costs only $20 more than the comparable Leapages option. However, there is one killer feature difference that means ClickFunnels is the winner even when only comparing landing page functionality and then even when comparing the cheapest ClickFunnels offer against any of the Leapages product. I explore this massive difference below.
The massive difference between ClickFunnels and Leadpages
We know ClickFunnels has a lot more functionality especially regarding building funnels rather than single landing pages. Leadpages is a great landing page builder but nothing more. Should you go with Leadpages if all you want is a landing page builder? The answer is no. How can we answer that question so confidently? Think about what you use landing pages for, its to capture contact details of leads. Yes, you can add forms on Leapages, but Leadpages doesn’t store any information for you. To make full use, you must integrate Leadpages with 3rd party CRM or email marketing tool.
ClickFunnels comes with a built-in and powerful CRM. You can leave contact details within ClickFunnels. If you are a small to medium business, you need a CRM and Clickfunnels is a good option. It’s not Salesforce, but then ClickFunnels is only $97 per month.
Last Updated on