SEMrush is a search engine marketing toolkit helping businesses save money when it comes to paid search advertising and improve their organic search engine visibility. Using SEMrush, we can understand where we need to develop our websites, identify low hanging fruit and evaluate the competition. Especially powerful in performing optimisation focused website audits, businesses can use SEMrush to improve their search engine visibility. The suite of tools offered by SEMrush includes keyword research, rank tracking, competitive analysis and even social media management.
Using SEMrush businesses can:
- Target low hanging fruit for easier rankings
- Fix issues with their websites that might be preventing better rankings
- Track their progress in search engine optimisation.
- Study the competition and understand their strengths and weaknesses.
What is SEMrush and what benefits does it bring to your business?
Across all our websites and websites we have worked on, search traffic is by far the best performing. Search traffic can come in the form of paid search advertising or organic traffic.
- Paid search (PPC) advertising gives businesses the ability to quickly increase search visibility and point traffic where they need it most.
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) is all about increasing organic traffic, the type of traffic every business wants. SEO traffic is scalable because you aren’t paying per click, it’s high-quality because visitors are actively looking for a solution and being visible increases the authority and trust buyers place in you. If your selling B2B products, imagine your thought leadership article ranking above your competitor? That would leave a great impression.
SEMrush can deliver significant benefits in both paid and organic search engine marketing, these benefits include:
- An increase in traffic without a proportional increase in cost realised by using SEMrush to optimise SEO and PPC activity.
- An increase in conversion rate because visitors from search are already looking for a solution. Using SEMrush, you can target high value and converting terms.
- Higher visibility for your business, building your brand and increasing your share of voice because SEMrush can help you understand what content you should create and how you should promote it.
SEMrush is an all-in-one digital marketing suite that provides tools that help marketers execute and report on marketing tactics covering search, social and PR.
Four reasons why you need to use SEMrush
SEMrush gives website owners, content creators and business managers a wealth of actionable insights and here are just four ways you could use SEMrush to improve your marketing and fill your sales and marketing funnels.
- You can use SEMrush to see whether your rankings and as a result, your traffic is trending up or down. Within that, you can see which pages are ranking well and have the most search visibility, which pages are dropping and which need more work to boost their visibility.
- You can use SEMrush to evaluate the competition. Rather than entering your website, you can create an entire project about your competitors. You can see where they are getting most of their visitors, the terms they are targeting and a wealth of other information.
- A good SEO audit can cost you thousands, SEMrush can get you a significant step of the way there through its website audit tools. You can identify issues which your website and fix them, and you can also see problems on your competitor’s sites.
- SEMrush also allows you to gather competitive insights about what your rivals are doing regarding ads. What ads are they running? What terms are they targeting? You could do a considerable amount with this competitive insight alone, for example, your competitors could be targeting a niche you haven’t considered.
SEMrush is a keyword research tool and a lot more besides
One of the primary reasons you would invest in a tool like SEMrush is to carry our keyword research. Using SEMrush, it’s possible to see how much competition there is for a given phrase, understand the search volume, identify alternative phrases and even look at the variations in competition and search volume across different countries. Unlike other similar tools, SEMrush lives up to his name and gives you valuable insights for both paid and organic search. You’ll be able to see cost per click and competitor search ads, allowing you to optimise your activity, ad copy and spend.
What is the SEMrush topic research tool?
SEMrush is always evolving. I’ve not seen many tools that are continuously adding new functionality, and one great addition is topic research. You might be thinking “I don’t need SEMrush because I already attract all the traffic I need form search”. If that’s the case you’re very fortunate and very few businesses are in the same position; however, every business needs to resonate with its audience whether that’s with the content it produces, its messaging or even what gets posted on social media. The topic research tool within SEMrush is built for content marketers and gives you remarkable insights and content ideas on what you should be writing about.